Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't remove feature adaptivity in a part.

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
awatt
8434 Views, 11 Replies

Can't remove feature adaptivity in a part.

Inventor Pro 2013:

Checking the 'adaptive' checkmark on the feature doesn't make the checkmark go away.  The sketch doesn't give me a link to break.  The 'adaptively used in assembly' option is greyed out.  The feature properties doesn't give me any useful options.  I've looked through my assemblies, and I don't see any that are actually using it.

What am I missing?

5-28-2014 3-54-28 PM.png5-28-2014 3-55-38 PM.png

5-28-2014 3-56-08 PM.png

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
awatt
in reply to: awatt

After Redefining the sketches, I was able to delete the work planes left over from the original assembly part.  Then I was able to unshare the sketch, and finally remove the adaptivity.

Message 3 of 12
pdessai

Hi,

I deleted the sketch having the adaptivity but how to remove the adaptivity from part?

The part is in framework. 

Kindly suggest to resolve.

Message 4 of 12
Gabriel_Watson

If this issue happens with a hole feature, for example, there is an alternative way to fix it...

0_1.JPG

(cannot find "Adaptive" checkmark/option here? don't panic...)

First, switch the hole feature to "Linear" Placement:

1.JPG            2.JPG

Then pick any spots, just temporarily. Repeat this for all the features using the same shared Sketch.

Now right-click the Sketch (which is not being used by any features anymore), and you will see the option to remove its adaptivity:

00.JPG

Finally, you can restore your hole feature(s) back to using the points from your sketch:

3.JPG

Message 5 of 12
kelly.young
in reply to: pdessai

@pdessai if you have another issue at the part or assembly level you should post a new topic since this one has a solution.

For the part if there is any Project Geometry from another part it will remain adaptive. You would have to go into the part sketch, delete/break the reference, then you can RMB on the sketch and/or feature to turn off the adaptability.

Message 6 of 12

Kelly,

Even if you delete EVERYTHING within a sketch, it will be stuck as adaptive in the case I pointed above, until you uncheckmark Adaptivity after making the shared sketch independent of any features.

Message 7 of 12
gregC9RQG
in reply to: Gabriel_Watson

WHY ?????? omg not good enough.

Message 8 of 12

This looks to have worked in older versions, but I have the same situation in a newer version and this workaround no longer works.

Message 9 of 12

Have you replicated the same issue using different PCs? Are you able to share a sample here and tell us which version to try with?
Message 10 of 12

This was in 2019.6.  We are going to roll out 2023.2.  I just checked 3 files.  One worked in 23, two still have the same issue.  With assembly adaptivity off, the one file worked even without editing the sketch, but it is an extrusion not a hole.  The other two are referencing hole centers and they both still don't work with this method.   Yes, this is on a different machine as well.

Message 11 of 12

I would love to have a sample to tinker with. If you can attach here an almost empty assembly with just a single part and feature that alone can replicate the issue.

Oh, and you should also try a "Rebuild All".

Message 12 of 12

Hi John,

On possibility is that the adaptive part has a non-Primary Model State, right? If yes, the adaptive flag will not be available. In general, Adaptivity and non-Primary Model State are like mutually exclusive. Model State table cannot manage cross-part relationship at the moment.

Please share the failed example here. I would like to understand the behavior better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report