Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install Service Pack 2 for Inventor (Product Design Suite) 2012

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
miechh
941 Views, 3 Replies

Can't install Service Pack 2 for Inventor (Product Design Suite) 2012

Yesterday I received a notification that Service Pack 2 is available, today I downloaded it (32 bit version) and wanted to install this SP2. Unfortunately I'm presented with the message that I don't have sufficient access to a registry key (see attachment). Logged myself in as administrator of the computer I'm working with, and tried again, with the same result. Finally I rebooted my computer, logged in as administrator and tried to start the installer. No luck with this.

Maybe it's because of the fact that I'm running a Windows XP Pro machine (32bit), but I'm not sure. Are there any other people with the same problem?

Product Design Suite 2024
Inventor 2024 (v 28.20.27200.0000), Vault Basic 2024
Fusion 360
HP Workstation Z4
Intel Xeon 3.4GHz
32GB RAM
Windows 10 Professional (64bit)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mthomas
in reply to: miechh

I have seen this issue before with Vault updates. The solution is always to use the registry editor, search for that key and adjust the permissions so that your account has access to the key

Mike

Mike Thomas

Message 3 of 4
SBix26

I had this issue on about half of our computers (all WinXP Pro 32-bit), including my own.  Registry permissions showed full control to the Administrators group, of which my login is a member.  A support request to Autodesk came back with advice to temporarily give the Everyone group full control over the HKLM/Software/Autodesk registry section, and this worked.  It did not work to explicitly give full control to my login.

Message 4 of 4
miechh

Thanks everyone. Last week the issue seemed to have solved itself...Ran Inventor once, closed it an hour later, tried to install the Service Pack, and it finished succesfully. Man Surprised I'm not suure if this is the solution to mentioned problem, but I marked this reply as the "Accepted solution". Time to upgrade to Windows 7 or 8?

Product Design Suite 2024
Inventor 2024 (v 28.20.27200.0000), Vault Basic 2024
Fusion 360
HP Workstation Z4
Intel Xeon 3.4GHz
32GB RAM
Windows 10 Professional (64bit)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report