Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create iLogic form in this one particular file

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
ad64
634 Views, 8 Replies

Can't create iLogic form in this one particular file

I have one particular file which will not allow me to add an iLogic form. When I select "Add Form" it does nothing. This only happens in this one file. I can open other files in the same session and they work fine. I can add iLogic rules to this file but I can't create forms. Has anyone encountered this before?

Steve

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jletcher
in reply to: ad64

What version and can you post your file for testing?

Message 3 of 9
ad64
in reply to: jletcher

I'm using Inventor 2013. Unfortunately I can't post the file because it contains proprietary information but in trying to strip out those details from the file I found the component creating the conflict.

This part file has quite a few derived sketch blocks from other parts. A particular one of these derived part links is creating the conflict. As soon as I break the link with that one component I can add a form, but as long as it is present (even if every other component is removed) the "Add Form" dialog will not trigger.

So now I know the location of the conflict, but I still have no idea of the cause.

Steve

Message 4 of 9
ad64

I am experiencing this issue again with other files. There seems to be a bug with the iLogic Form Editor.

The symptoms are similar to before. If I break the link with the derived file then the iLogic Form Editor works but as long as the derived part's link is maintained I cannot trigger the Form Editor to create or edit a form. Interestingly enough I can create an empty form in the global Form Editor by right-clicking in the blank space and selecting Edit however I cannot add any buttons or load the form-specific Form Editor.

It is mildly frustrating.

Steve

Message 5 of 9
tomas_wiklund

Hi!
I got the same problem as @ad64 describe.
I attach my problem file. (Inventor 2023)

Message 6 of 9

Hi Tomas,

The iLogic rules seem to be corrupted. This is the first time I see a file like this. Let me work with the project team and see what can be done with it.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 9
MjDeck
in reply to: tomas_wiklund

Hi Tomas,

Thanks for reporting this.
There is a workaround. In the Parameters dialog, rename the parameter UP_Thickness to Plate_Thickness. 
It looks like Plate_Thickness was the original name of the parameter, when it was connected to the Sheet Metal Defaults. If you launch the Sheet Metal Defaults dialog without renaming the parameter, the Thickness will be blank. But if you rename it to Plate_Thickness, then it will show up in the dialog.

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 9
tomas_wiklund
in reply to: MjDeck

Thanks @MjDeck!
Have a nice day!

Message 9 of 9
MjDeck
in reply to: tomas_wiklund

@tomas_wiklund , I created an internal issue with number INVGEN-66859 for the problem you described.
I'm not sure if it's the same as what @ad64 was seeing.

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report