Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't clear appearance override in IAM-Bug?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
gcross
2391 Views, 7 Replies

Can't clear appearance override in IAM-Bug?

I need help clearing an override of a part in a subassembly. I tried to use the clear appearance button but I get message saying Active Design View has no appearance overrides which is not true. You can see in my attachment there clearly is an override from Chroime-Polished in the IPT to Satin- Brushed in the IAM.

There is no "Clear Override" in the Appearance pull down. I think I used to be able to click on color As Part in previous Inventor version but now it's different. The black areas are embossed features representing silkscreened graphics I need to preserve.

Anyone have a suggestion? I tried to post the files in Inventor/Customer Files NG but the "new message" button was grayed out & not working for some reason. I can email a zipped Pack n GO file (5MB +) if anyone is interested.

Gary

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: gcross

Hi  gcross,

You can just attach the files to this thread now (same as you did with the image you posted), no need to use the Customer Files forum any more.

Not sure what might be the problem with the override, but if you attach just the assembly and the part file in question I'll have a quick look. You might want to use the End of Part marker in the Part file to make it smaller.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 8
gcross
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Files are over 5 MB. Unfortunately my new post got rejected due to file size.

Gary

Message 4 of 8
gcross

Here's a smaller file set attached.

Message 5 of 8
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi  gcross,

Recall that the part files can have a design view representation as well. That is what's causing the confusion here. Your sheet metal part has a view rep named Black Inside & Chrome Outside, but that part is placed in the assembly using the Master view rep. From the assembly file, right click on the part file and choose Representation, then choose Black Inside & Chrome Outside from the pull down. This will set the part to use that veiw rep in the assembly. I think you'll see the results you expect then.

I hope this helps.
Curtis

Message 6 of 8
gcross
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Hi Curtis,

Thank you! That was the problem alright. Now that's striaghtened out, I discovered another issue.

If you look at the attached screenshot of my assembly you will notice the various parts in the same plane are darker or lighter even though they all have the exact same Pol Chrome appearance applied (& the correct View Rep is selected).

It is as if the lighting was different for each part even though they are in the same assembly.

I am creating images for spec sheets & need the parts to look uniform.

Can you help on this?

Thanks.

Gary

Tags (2)
Message 7 of 8
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi  gcross,

I know I've seen this question asked in the past, but I'm unsure of the answer. I think it was something to do with lighting styles. Here's a bump to the top, maybe someone else will recall.

I hope this helps.
Curtis

Does anyone know how to remedy this?

Message 8 of 8

fix rep.PNG

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
..........................................................................................................................
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
..........................................................................................................................

See My LinkedIn Profile

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report