Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access content centre

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
BarryZA
6130 Views, 11 Replies

Can't access content centre

For a while now whenever I open a new assembly the default is place from content centre, I use the drop-down and select place.

Today I needed place from content centre and it just doesn't come up.

It is loaded/automatic in the addins.

If I open my projects, in the bottom right corner where I would usually click to acess my installed libraries, I click but it does nothing!

I also noticed studio and BIM are greyed out, but I have started to play with Showcase so not really a problem. I need to set up a read/write library soon, so it's going to be a problem.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
cbenner
in reply to: BarryZA

Do you use Vault or is your CC local?  How is it set up... where do you keep the files, are they on a drive or in a folder that you have access to and permissions?

Message 3 of 12
BarryZA
in reply to: cbenner

Local, just me.

Default file location.

No other users, all of a sudden I just can't access them. I haven't done anything I can think of except plugging in a Wacom pad.

I had my own read/write folder in there as well.

Message 4 of 12
cbenner
Message 5 of 12
BarryZA

project2.png

project 3.png

Message 6 of 12
cbenner
Message 7 of 12
BarryZA

Gaaah. It was different, so I changed it but it STILL won't work. And if I click editor nothing happens

project4.png

Message 8 of 12
blair

Looks like one is pointed to Program Files and the other is pointed to your user account

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 9 of 12
bob_holland

Barry,

I have attached a PDF that will instruct you on how to reset you Invnetor Environment to make it think that Inventor has never been installed fo your profile.

Please try that and get back to us.

Have a great weekend.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 10 of 12
BarryZA
in reply to: bob_holland

DONE!

And it looks like my Inventor studio and BIM exchange have made a re-appearance.

And my 3d connexion buttons whoo hoo, happy days.

I presume something in the installation of my graphics card and or Wacom pad had something to do with it.

Many thanks

Message 11 of 12
PCross99
in reply to: bob_holland

I have used this fix and it does work.  The problem is you are removing all of your settings to do it.

I have had to do this twice now and I will have to do it again because the icons for Inventor Studio and Stress Analysis are greyed out again.  It is a pain to resetup my Inventor. Is Autodesk planning to figure out what is causing the problem and fix that?

Message 12 of 12
blair
in reply to: PCross99

The user environment is controlled by the Windows operating system and these are WIndows Registry settings. You might look at your system and check for any Virus. Also make sure your Hard-Drive is defragmented and all Temp and Cache files are purged. A good program is Ccleaner. This can be downloaded from www.ccleaner.com it will clean the Temp and Cache folders and also has a utility to clean up the Registry.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report