Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Create Sketch by Selecting Working Working Window

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Alan Coons
182 Views, 4 Replies

Can't Create Sketch by Selecting Working Working Window

It is the wierdest thing. I now, in order to create a sketch after hitting the sketch button, have to select one of the three primary planes under the origin folder. The only thing that I have done in the last hour is I installed the content center and ADMS Console 2008.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alan Coons
in reply to: Alan Coons

Now my content center is not working. I can scroll down the tree to the equal sided angle I need, but when I try to go any further it will not do it. I can not get to the window where it the software is asking me for an angle size. What did I do?
Message 3 of 5
Alan Coons

Anyone have a clue as to why I can not in a part or assembly file click sketch and hit anywhere in the working window and a new sketch open up. The only way that I can get a new sketch to begin is to hit the sketch button and then either hit any existing geometry or one of the three predefined planes in a new part.
Message 4 of 5
pkquat

This seems normal for sketches. You have to have a surface to sketch on. I normally select the plane or surface and then "Sketch" but you can select "Sketch" and then the surface. Maybe you are thinking of "Sketch on New Part Creation" which would always start a sketch on the predefined plane when you start a sketch. This can be found under Tools, Application Options, and the "Part" tab. Personally I always like to choose which plane I create my sketches on and it does not add a dummy sketch to derived parts which should delete.

Pete
Message 5 of 5
Alan Coons

In a new part, where there are no existing sketches, I could have sworn that when I would begin a sketch I could click anywhere within the window and it would take over. It has been a while since I have been able to use Inventor, so chalk it up to a major brain fart I guess. Thanks for the input.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report