Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not index a FARO scanned file (.fls) to create point cloud

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
nsulli15
1485 Views, 4 Replies

Can not index a FARO scanned file (.fls) to create point cloud

I have a scanned file from a FARO scanner.  The file type is ".fls".  When I try to index it in Inventor 2013 to convert it into a .pcg point cloud file, I get the error as shown on the attached screen shot.  Also attached are my system properties.

I was able to index the same .fls file using AutoCAD 2013, however, I want to do it in Inventor. Can anyone help?

Nick

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
kubitTilo
in reply to: nsulli15

Hi Nick,

I'm not familiar with Inventor but you can try to search Inventor's installation directory for the FARO DLL files and overwrite them with the new versions (similar like the AutoCAD/Navisworks/Revit solution http://tinyurl.com/d2bcmh4).

Tilo.

Tilo Pfliegner
Message 3 of 5
nsulli15
in reply to: kubitTilo

Your proposed solution [http://tinyurl.com/d2bcmh4] worked for my AutoCAD 2013.  But for Inventor 2013, I do not know what folder to copy the FARO .dll file into.  The solution hyperlink only specifies the .dll file location for AutoCAD ( C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2013\IndexCodecs) and not for Inventor.  Inventor 2013 does not have a folder called IndexCodecs. 

What folder in the Inventor installation directory do I need to put the FARO .dll files into?

Nick  

Message 4 of 5
kubitTilo
in reply to: nsulli15

@nsulli15 wrote:

What folder in the Inventor installation directory do I need to put the FARO .dll files into?

I don't know, but if you search Inventor's installation folder (including all subfolders) after iQOpen.dll for example, you should be able to find out the correct folder.

Tilo Pfliegner
Message 5 of 5
nsulli15
in reply to: kubitTilo

Got it.  The correct location in Inventor 2013 is:  C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Bin  After copying the .dll files into this folder Inventor was able to index the .fls file.

Thank you for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report