Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Style Library be turned off in 2012?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tysonwitte
305 Views, 2 Replies

Can Style Library be turned off in 2012?

Hi,

I am trying to turn the style library off in inventor 2012, I can't seem to be able to do this. I know in the past version I simply turned it off in the project editor, but I only have the read-write option now.  All my drawing settings are saved to my Template, when i open the template, it changes to the style library settings, which I dont want.  I have not been able to figure out how to save my settings to style library this is why I have never used it.

Thanks

Tyson

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dave.anderson
in reply to: tysonwitte

Inventor will always use Styles information. In version prior to 2012, you had the option to keep this information in two places. Option 1 was to use a Styles Lirary. Keeping the xml data externally allows it to be shared and maintained separately from the file which keeps the file size lower as well.

Option 2 was to keep it within the template files themselves. Each .ipt or idw had all the styles.xml data loaded into it and not externally.

With Inventor 2012, you MUST have an external Styles Library. It can either be shared on a Network location or on your local drive.

You can use the Styles Management Wizard to harvest information from your 2011 files and use it to create a new 2012 Styles Library.

Details can be found in the Inventor WikiHelp here: http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2012/Help/2108-CAD_Mana2108/2119-Configur2119/2120-Style_l...

I hope this helps.

Dave Anderson
Sr. Support Engineer– CAM
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
tysonwitte
in reply to: dave.anderson

Ok thanks. 

I figured out how to save the my styles to the library.

Problem solved!

Thanks

Tyson 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report