Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I turn draft preview off in 2012?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jason.wells
1053 Views, 3 Replies

Can I turn draft preview off in 2012?

Next on the list of our annoyances is the new Draft Preview in 2012.  We can't print a drawing when it is in the green boxes.  It says something about calculating something, hit ok, and nothing it just sits there, I was starting to think my co-worker had tourettes. We just want to turn it off if possible.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Uncheck the glasses in the dialog to turn off preview. 

Patrick Miller

User Experience Designer
Fusion 360 Learning
Message 3 of 4

Thanks, but I may have worded my question confusingly.  I was actually asking about the quick raster preview in drawing mode with the green corners while it figures out the precise calculations to show an assembly.  After some further digging I think I turned it off by unchecking "Enable background updates" under the drawing tab in the application options.

Message 4 of 4

I assume you want to turn off the drawing background updates, if so it is in the drawing tab of the Application options.

Personally I like that Inventor can now use all the CPU cores in my PC to update the views in a drawing all in one go, it is a HUGE performance increase. If you can't print a drawing because the views are calculating this is no different from previous versions of Inventor except that in older versions only one CPU core would be used to update the views and it would not be possible to work on the drawing while the views are calculated.

Unless you are running on a single core CPU all that will happen when you turn off the background updates is that the views will take x times longer to update.

If you want to open a drawing and print it but don't want it to update first why not open the drawing with the defer update box checked ? The drawing will then open in the state is was last saved and not update to include any changes that may have been made to the model.

Regards

Martin

Enable background updates

Switches the display of raster drawing views on or off.

Raster views increase your productivity when you work with drawings created for large assemblies. You can review a drawing or create drawing annotations before precise calculation of drawing views finishes. Precise drawing views are calculated in the background while you work with raster views.

Inventor 2023

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums