Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I break link of Existing custom Content Center Family?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Winks87
1258 Views, 6 Replies

Can I break link of Existing custom Content Center Family?

I was using suppress link when creating a custom family, but I dont think I want to do this.  Can I break the link if the table is already created?

James Winkler
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: Winks87
Message 3 of 7
Cadmanto
in reply to: cbenner

Chris,

I have done that and somehow it is still linked to content center.  It has something to do with the way the code is written I think.

Depending on the part, you might be able to down load a model from McMaster-Carr or just recreate it your self using the CC part as a guide.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: Cadmanto

Scott, you should not have to do that.  Something must have gone wrong in your case.

link.PNG

As long as you check this and save it to a Read/Write library, you should be all set.

Message 5 of 7
Winks87

Thanks guys - that should get me going.  I suspected as such, but was concerned about losing anything - I think keeping the folders (where it saves the content center parts) the same will help with anyone losing links to existing content center parts.

James Winkler
Message 6 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: Winks87

@Winks87 wrote:

Thanks guys - that should get me going.  I suspected as such, but was concerned about losing anything - I think keeping the folders (where it saves the content center parts) the same will help with anyone losing links to existing content center parts.

You will need to give the new family a new name, and new folder name.  It won't allow duplicates.  This will create a new part in a new folder.  But if you leave the original one alone, those parts will still be there next time someone opens a file where they were used.  You can delete the original family and name the new one the same, and with the same folders.... but that may cause problems in generating any parts from that family that have already been generated in the past.  What we have had to do in the past is actually find the part files in our CC folder and delete them, then the first time the new part is used it regenerates the part file.  This really isn't very relaible or stable though.  I might recommend putting the copied family in a new folder and leaving the old one right where it is... just not use it anymore.

Message 7 of 7
Winks87

Yup, that's pretty much what I was thinking... Just wanted to make sure I didnt screw anything up when doing this.

Thanks, Chris - that's exactly the info I was looking for.

James Winkler

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report