Inventor General

Distinguished Contributor
Message 1 of 2 (224 Views)

Can I add hidden lines behind only certain objects in an idw.?

224 Views, 1 Replies
02-08-2013 11:24 AM

What I'm looking to do is show the hidden lines blocked by a part in a plan view but not all of the hidden lines.  Ie. I have a top view showing a clearance.  If I turn on that clearance a portion of the original part is not viewed.  When I turn on hidden lines I now see every hidden detail of that part (I didn't turn on hidden lines for the entire drawing).  I then have to eliminate all the lines I don't want which is both tedious and cumbersome.  Is there a way to turn on just the lines hidden by a particular object but not all the hidden lines of the part. 

Valued Contributor
ljandueza
Message 2 of 2 (191 Views)

Re: Can I add hidden lines behind only certain objects in an idw.?

02-11-2013 05:53 AM in reply to: jpblower

Hi, 

I think I have a partial solution for you, 

For assemblies,

First of all you begin with placing a view with the option "Hidden Line Removed".

Then, go to the View in the browser and expand it. Expand the assembly and then chose the part you want, RMB and select the options Hidden Lines. That will show you the hidden lines for thar part.

For parts.

Unfortunately  for parts does not work in the similar way, at least no for individual features. The only way around I found it is to create new bodies for the features I want to control the visibility lines.

Then in the drawing I applied the previous steps, go to the view, expand the part, expand the bodies folder and select the body I want to show or hide the lines, RMB and Hidden Lines.

I hope this could help you at least a little bit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Por favor marca esta respuesta como "Solución Aceptada" si responde a tu pregunta / Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question
--
Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional - AutoCAD 2014 Certified Professional
http://dimcadve.blogspot.com -- http://communities.autodesk.com/comlaude/
@ljandueza

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube