Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I add hidden lines behind only certain objects in an idw.?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jpblower
591 Views, 1 Reply

Can I add hidden lines behind only certain objects in an idw.?

What I'm looking to do is show the hidden lines blocked by a part in a plan view but not all of the hidden lines.  Ie. I have a top view showing a clearance.  If I turn on that clearance a portion of the original part is not viewed.  When I turn on hidden lines I now see every hidden detail of that part (I didn't turn on hidden lines for the entire drawing).  I then have to eliminate all the lines I don't want which is both tedious and cumbersome.  Is there a way to turn on just the lines hidden by a particular object but not all the hidden lines of the part. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
luis_andueza
in reply to: jpblower

Hi, 

I think I have a partial solution for you, 

For assemblies,

First of all you begin with placing a view with the option "Hidden Line Removed".

Then, go to the View in the browser and expand it. Expand the assembly and then chose the part you want, RMB and select the options Hidden Lines. That will show you the hidden lines for thar part.

For parts.

Unfortunately  for parts does not work in the similar way, at least no for individual features. The only way around I found it is to create new bodies for the features I want to control the visibility lines.

Then in the drawing I applied the previous steps, go to the view, expand the part, expand the bodies folder and select the body I want to show or hide the lines, RMB and Hidden Lines.

I hope this could help you at least a little bit.

Luis José Andueza Castro
Ing. Mecánico - Consultor CAD/CAM/CAE/Data Management
www.dimcad3d.com | LinkedIn |

¿Te resultó útil esta publicación? No dudes en darle Me gusta a esta publicación.
¿Tu pregunta fue respondida exitosamente? Entonces haz clic en el botón ACEPTAR SOLUCIÓN.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report