Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable and Harness: root multiple wires along same path

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
z.baczo
980 Views, 5 Replies

Cable and Harness: root multiple wires along same path

Hello everybody,

I was just wondering... Is there a relatively easy way to root multiple wires along the same path, with a predefined distance between them so there's no interference between them? Something similar to the attached picture... or packed even closer together.

I got in a hole lot of trouble to get the result from the picture and I was hoping that there is an easier way... a workaround... something.

Using segments is not an option (only maybe as an intermediary step) but in the end I have to have all the wires as separate entities.

Thanks in advance,
B.

Baczó.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: z.baczo

No. sadly without using segments this is a manual process. (Note: You can move multiple harness points at one time by multi-selecting them)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
yannick3

Hi

You can use segment to move all your wires and after delete the segment. But you must, in the harness setting, wire and cable tab, check inherit segment points on segemnt delete 

Capture 20130730.JPG

Yannick Verreault
INV PRO 2015
MS Office 2007
Win 7 pro, core i7 950, asus P6T WS
nvidia Gforce GTX 295
WD caviar black 500Go
WD caviar black 1To

Message 4 of 6
yannick3
in reply to: yannick3

Hi

Another trick is to sweep a surface , create circular pattern point at one end after create, with the last pattern created, rectangular pattern with curve length option. and now constraint each wire's point to patterned points

see ipt attached

Yannick Verreault
INV PRO 2015
MS Office 2007
Win 7 pro, core i7 950, asus P6T WS
nvidia Gforce GTX 295
WD caviar black 500Go
WD caviar black 1To

Message 5 of 6
z.baczo
in reply to: yannick3

I can't open the file, I think I have an older version of inventor (2013 sp2), but I think I know what you mean.

I tested it out and it seems to work. Definitely a better solution than moving the point with 3D move/rotate. Also I was able to use a segments centerline as the path for the pattern, so this is the best solution so far.

Thank you all for your help!

B.

Baczó.
Message 6 of 6
liminma8458

With some customization program using API, multiple wires along same path indeed can be achieved and much efficient and life-real aesthetic.

liminma8458_0-1637200362617.png 

liminma8458_2-1637200427555.png

Thanks
Limin
Inventor pro 2023 64 bit update 2.1; Windows 10 pro 64 bit version 21H2; Office 2013 32 bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report