Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable and Harness Editing Wires and Segments in Model Issue

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
930 Views, 2 Replies

Cable and Harness Editing Wires and Segments in Model Issue

I have Inventor Professional Design Suite 2013 and I have come across something in Routed Systems cable and harness that has been hampering my productivity.  The issue is I am trying edit a wire or segment and I sometimes do not have the option to edit the segment or wire or move a point that I have added (I also loose the option to add a point).  "Segment Edit1" attachment shows the problem.  I can get around this issue by finding the point in the browser and then right click and edit it's location as seen in "Segment Edit2" attachment.  Eventually after some time the option comes back just as mysteriously as it disappeared as "Proper Segment Edit" attachment shows.  What is causing this issue and what can I do to fix it?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Pete_Mort
in reply to: Anonymous

I've just experienced this problem; one of my team members thought he had an issue with his installation because he could not edit harness segments. After trying a few things I noticed that if 3D  sketches are not enabled in the object visibility toolbar then you cannot select the segment centre line and the usual harness options are not available.

Object visibility Filter.png 

Message 3 of 3
mo55
in reply to: Pete_Mort

Thank you!  I just spent an hour trying to figure out why I suddenly couldn't add a point to a harness segment.  When I hovered the mouse over the segment I could see the line and see the work points, but I couldn't actually select anything when trying to add a point.  Turning on the visibility of 3D sketches fixed the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report