Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CNC wood in Inventor 2008

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
REDHEADEDCHIMP
325 Views, 8 Replies

CNC wood in Inventor 2008

My problem is I am just starting to do wood items in Inventor. I need to find a way to create a part at a total length with laminate. Then be able to achieve the core without having to make it separate from the laminate.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: REDHEADEDCHIMP

so, you want to start off whith the stock laminate? and then cut the final product out?
Message 3 of 9
JDMather

Can you post an example? Thicken Face with Cut option is the first thing that comes to mind. Maybe derive first to preserve the total then Thicken Face for the core.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 9
mflayler2

Is this a good summation:

You would like to create a single part that has information about your stock length as well as the finished cut geometry?

I would approach this with basic surfaces and then turn them off until I need to show them in the production print. This allows me to control the sizing all in one part with equations. Once I get to the production print I can just turn on the surface in the view and change the linetype of the core to represent hidden lines in reference to the stock or however you want to display it.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

HUH?
--
Dave Hoder
Product Design Engineer
idX Seattle
www.idxcorporation.com
IV2008 sp2 Productstream 2008 sp1
Windows XP Pro (32bit) SP2 2GB RAM
Intel Core 2 6420 @ 2.13GH
FX3450 91.36 Driver w/ Open GL
3DxWare 3.5.6
Message 6 of 9
mflayler2

Here is an example:

Very simple but with a complex model other surfacing tools could be used in the same manner. (Thicken / Offset, etc)

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

are you using melemine material or applying the laminate your self? are you edge banding?
Message 8 of 9
ankersen

I can turn off visibility in the model, but how do I get it on in a drawing?

thanks
Message 9 of 9
mflayler2

Expand the view in the Browser Bar and find the part/assembly; RMB on it and select "Include All Surfaces"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report