Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAM help

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
reedospeedo
1254 Views, 4 Replies

CAM help

I am currently working a Rotor that has 6 cams on it in inventor and i have no clue on how to tackle it. Can anyone help!?

Thanks,

ReedCam Dev3.jpgCam Dev4.jpg164773_157948614256917_6719385_n.jpg163039_157947174257061_1083765_n.jpgparts08.jpgrotor.jpgrotor_filling.jpg

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: reedospeedo

One feature at a time.  I would start with creating a piece of round stock with the largest diameter with the overall length.

Then create revolved cuts and get it down to the basic shape.  Then once you get there, evaluate it from there and see if something clicks to create some of the more difficult features.  I am just suggesting that you at least take it as far as you can one step at a time.

Try not to look at the overall part.  Baby steps theory.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 5
CAG_DRAFT
in reply to: Cadmanto

Having never used it before, is the 'cam' DA going to be of any use for this style of cam?
Message 4 of 5
reedospeedo
in reply to: Cadmanto

I have every thing except the cams. I just dont know how to insert the data. do i model it (how do you do polar in inventor), use the cam feature in assembly?m134 rotor iventor.jpg

Message 5 of 5
CAG_DRAFT
in reply to: reedospeedo

My first step would need to be getting the data into excel, and secondly see if it fits any 'standard' cam motion function profile.

And seeing as you are asking doing polar functions I'm guessing you are using 2012 or earlier?
(otherwise in the 2d sketch environment you can select the polar option when making an equation curve.)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report