Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser shows everything but no model shows up on the workspace screen

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
VeronicaSmith5891
464 Views, 6 Replies

Browser shows everything but no model shows up on the workspace screen

It was working fine.  Then I just did a simple command (pattern a part) and the entire workspace blinked out.  The first time it happened I hit UNDO and it was back.  So I got out of the drawing and got back in and tried the pattern again. Same issue but this time when I hit UNDO it would not come back.  I closed the file without saving and when I went back in the file the workspace is still nothing but white screen.  In the browser everything is still visible except for those that I had already changed to invisible.  I tried making an invisible to visible and nothing happened.  I got out and tried opening the "old version" which should've been before any of this happened and it is also blank.  I can go to an ipt or iam in the browser and hit open and it will open in another screen just fine.  I just can't see my main assembly.  I have Inventor 2012.  It shows no errors or messages.  I have even rebooted.  

I looked thru the forum and found a past issue back in 2005 identical so I tried those suggestions.  I tried doing Find in Window on an item in the browser but for some reason that option is not even in the list when I right click.

Any suggestions before I scrap it and start over? 

I have attached the screen shot.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Veronica,

Have you tried this on a different machine to see if you get the same results?

Can you post your files here?

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 7

Hi VeronicaSmith5891,

Another thing to try is to expand the Repersentations folder in the browser and set the View and Level of Detail reps to Master. I recall having seen the graphics display get confused and toggling to the Master reps would reset the display, and then returning to the user reps worked fine.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 4 of 7

Hi VeronicaSmith5891,

I also just noticed that in your screen shot you have the Defer Updates button selected. You might toggle that off and see if that helps also.

I hope this helps.
Curtis

Message 5 of 7

Thanks for the quick response on this.  I tried your Representation suggestion.  Everything shows up when I click Master but when I go back to Default it's blank again.

I tried to toggle the Defer Update button but it won't toggle.  Clicking it does nothing.

Message 6 of 7

Which file do I post?  This one?  I don't know if it will work without the referenced files.  But here it is.  Thanks!

Message 7 of 7

Hi VeronicaSmith5891,

You might be able to just delete the Default rep and recreate it to resolve this.

If you go to the Tools tab > Application Options button > Assembly tab, you can uncheck the check box for Defer Updates there. This is the same as the button on the Manage tab. So in case the UI is having graphics issues and the button isn't working this might help?

Also  just as an FYI, when you attach an assembly file you'll need to attach the part files also, otherwise when we download the assembly file it is empty.

I hope this helps.
Curtis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report