Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Out Auxiliary View problem

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
SnellWilcox
250 Views, 7 Replies

Broken Out Auxiliary View problem

Hi Group,
In MDT you could delete a view and it would ask if you wanted to delete dependant views like aux views.
I cannot seem to see how Inventor can do this. If you delete a base view in IV6 dependant views are also deleted.
I want to be able to create a broken out view of a small section of my sheet metal part.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Regards
Andy
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: SnellWilcox

Hi!
When you delete a base view, you get the question if you want to delete dependent views as well. Press the more button in the right corner(>>) and choose NO.
Works fine!
/Pep
Message 3 of 8
SnellWilcox

Thanks Petra,
Ahh!
Maybe I should have mentioned that I was creating a DETAIL VIEW. When you create a detial view and try to delete the base view you don't seem to get the option of dependancies etc.
I have fiddled around a workaround though.
Create a new sheet.
Create a new Base view and the detail view.
Edit the new sheet and tick the options Exclude from count and Exclude from printing. I renamed the sheet Breakers Yard.
Reactivate the main Sheet. In the browser pick and drag the detail view into your sheet and place it where required.
Maybe ADesk will include this in SP2?
Ciao
Andy
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

I see what you are saying... The easiest thing I think would be to place the views outside of the sheet and the brake the alignment. Allows you to place the view where you want. Whatever works best for you. Hope sp2 will come with some better way.
/pep
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

http://www.sdotson.com/freetut/creating%20partial%20views.pdf

Try this, it was posted yesterday by Sean.

--
Cory McConnell
BJ pipeline Inspection
"Petra" wrote in message news:f137330.2@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I see what you are saying... The easiest thing I think would be to place
the views outside of the sheet and the brake the alignment. Allows you to
place the view where you want. Whatever works best for you. Hope sp2 will
come with some better way.
> /pep
>
Message 6 of 8
SnellWilcox

Petra,
That works well also because IV6 doesnt print outside the page. But if you saveas a .dwf (or .dwg), as our company does for archiving/security, then everything gets exported.
ho hum.
Andy
PUP
Message 7 of 8
SnellWilcox

WOW! What a star.
Thanks to Cory, Sean D, Petra and Bill Bogan. Creating a partial view from a breakout works out fine.
============
Ciao
Andy
============
Keep It Simple Stupid 😜
Message 8 of 8
SnellWilcox

Boo!
OK. Creating the breakout worked very well. But whatever you do, don't edit the sketch afterward, errors occur and the original sketch becomes disassociated in some way.
I didnt project any reference edges so I'm going away to give that a try to see if the sketch will then retain its associativity.
Otherwise, I will report this as a bug to my reseller.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report