Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bringing a 2D ACAD sketch into Inventor with units in mils

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
relellinger
440 Views, 3 Replies

Bringing a 2D ACAD sketch into Inventor with units in mils

Hi,

I am attempting to bring a 2D ACAD sketch into Inventor in order to make a 3D model of a part. I am able to import the ACAD sketch in, however, Inventor's units are set to "inches". The ACAD drawing is in mils (thous) since it is derived from a printed circuit board (PCB). The issue is that Inventor thinks the sketch is 8500 inches long instead of 8.5 inches long. How to fix this issue?

Thanks!

Rick

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: relellinger

What does -dwgunits in AutoCAD return?

Scale in AutoCAD

or

create a Sketch Block in Inventor and scale the block.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
relellinger
in reply to: JDMather

-dwgunits ran but nothing happened. So I did the following: Saved the dxf file as a .dwg file and tried again, still nothing. I then set up a new drawing to accept the insertion units as mils but to make the target drawing in inches. I then inserted the .dwg file into the new drwing and the inserted .dwg file came in in inches.

Thanks for your help!

Message 4 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: relellinger

@relellinger wrote:

-dwgunits ran but nothing happened. ...

I'm quite certain the command line returned something (useful information). It is up to the operator to do something with the information.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report