Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breakouts with Isometric Views

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
AnthonyPaul2010
780 Views, 2 Replies

Breakouts with Isometric Views

Hi All,

Does anybody know if there is an issue with creating breakouts on isometric views? I'm still using 2012 and have searched through the forum but haven't found some suggestions on a workaround that involved creating a breakout on an ortho view and then projecting an iso view (then moving the ortho view outside the sheet).

Although this works it is difficult to get the exact breakout shape and I would have thought that the breakout feature has been designed to work directly with isometric views.

I was wondering if this is an issue that others have had or if it is something I'm doing wrong or has it been fixed in 2013?

My sketches are associated with the view so that's not the problem. In fact I get as far as the associated sketch it's just that the breakout command wont invoke completely, the icon for selection appears but it wont let you select the view on the sheet or in the browser.

Anthony Paul (from Cairns, North Queensland, Australia)

Product Design Suite
Inventor Premium 2012 - SP1 Installed
HP 8760w I7-740M Laptop
Windows 7 Professional 64
12 Gb DDR SDRAM
AMD FirePro M5950 Graphics Card
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
t_pcoll
in reply to: AnthonyPaul2010

Hi Anthony,

I'm not aware of any issue regarding adding a Breakout operation to an Isometric view. It looks it works on 2012 too.

Can you please attach your dataset or send it to ladislav.pcola(at)autodesk.com so I can take a look?

Thanks

Ladislav

Message 3 of 3

Hi Ladislav,

I have sent you an email with the data set. I look forward to your hearing from you.

Anthony Paul (from Cairns, North Queensland, Australia)

Product Design Suite
Inventor Premium 2012 - SP1 Installed
HP 8760w I7-740M Laptop
Windows 7 Professional 64
12 Gb DDR SDRAM
AMD FirePro M5950 Graphics Card

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report