Inventor General

Message 1 of 3 (157 Views)

Breakout view trough shafts. Keys are sectioned???

157 Views, 2 Replies
10-21-2013 02:28 AM

Hello community.

Since Bolts nuts and key shafts are not sectioned according to standards I can´t find a way to section a shaft inside a section view without cutting through these components. I have posted in atatchment an example of the problem and a picture of what it should be like.

I have been strugling with this break out view for quite some time and haven´t figured out a way to do what I need.

Thanks in advance!

Message 2 of 3 (156 Views)

Re: Breakout view trough shafts. Keys are sectioned???

10-21-2013 02:29 AM in reply to: cmscanto
Valued Mentor
BLHDrafting
Message 3 of 3 (88 Views)

Re: Breakout view trough shafts. Keys are sectioned???

10-21-2013 09:44 PM in reply to: cmscanto

By expirementing with the below option you get some control over which items participate in a section. With it set to Never all Content Centre placed items (standard or custom) do not participate in the section.

I succeeded in getting a breakout through the shaft (so that all of the key could be seen) but I could not get the breakout hatched.

Hope it helps. Please post a solution if you find 1.

app_options.png

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blh.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2013 PDS Premium SP2 Update 3 (Build 200), Vault 2013 Workgroup Update 2 (Build 17.2.9.0)

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube