Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breaking dim extension lines as they cross over other dim extension lines...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
prem
619 Views, 4 Replies

Breaking dim extension lines as they cross over other dim extension lines...

i'm using Inventor 2013 and I can't figure out how to set my dimension settings so it breaks the dimension extension lines automatically when crossing over other dimension extension lines.

Thanks

Thanks
Prem
Windows 7 64 Bit
16 Gigs of RAM
Intel I7
Nvdia Quadro 3000M
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
SBix26
in reply to: prem

If I understand you correctly, this is not possible.  But please post a screen shot of what you are trying to achieve so we can all be sure that we understand.

Message 3 of 5
prem

Attached image for more clarity, Hope it helps

Thanks

Prem

Thanks
Prem
Windows 7 64 Bit
16 Gigs of RAM
Intel I7
Nvdia Quadro 3000M
Message 4 of 5
SBix26

Not possible, as far as I know.  But I also question why it is useful?  Even if Inventor offered a tool or option to break these lines I wouldn't use it.  The image you attached shows a drawing that clearly and unambiguously communicates the intended result.  Broken extension lines would just add clutter, in my opinion.

Message 5 of 5
prem

hi,

Agreed, but I checked atleast three other CAD softwares and they do allow us to break the extension line, Also AutoCAD allows us to do the the same via "Dimbreak" command. Then again need to check if it is a mandatory requirement for any Standards specifically ISO, and ANSI.

thanks

Prem

Thanks
Prem
Windows 7 64 Bit
16 Gigs of RAM
Intel I7
Nvdia Quadro 3000M

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report