Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Break out view glitch with frame generator components

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
jaanos
931 Views, 8 Replies

Break out view glitch with frame generator components

When creating a break out view on a top level assembly that includes frame generator components, the break out function does not break these parts out. I know it is working because the non-frame generator parts are disappearing and being broken out as you would expect but the frame generated parts seem to be immune to the command. is this a common fault or something wrong with my particular model?

Can anyone offer some help or a work around?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
dan_inv09
in reply to: jaanos

I'm not sure but, could it have something to do with "Section Participation"?

(Section Standard Parts on the Drawing tab of Application Options - in the Options area of the Tools tab on the ribbon - and/or right click on the part in the browser for the view on the idw)

Message 3 of 9
Cadmanto
in reply to: jaanos

Sounds like you might be talking about an assembly drawing.

If that is the case edit the broken out view and select this setting.

See if this does the trick.

VIEW.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 9
steve.west
in reply to: Cadmanto

Yes. This solution works a treat. Had this problem for a while, sorted now. Thanks Scott. 🙂
Message 5 of 9
Cadmanto
in reply to: steve.west

Steve,

I am glad it worked for you.  It can be frustrating trying to find certain settings that give you what you are looking for.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 6 of 9
steve.west
in reply to: Cadmanto

Agreed. I should also point out that Dan_inv09 offered a solution that also works. In some instances, the break-out view is required to reveal other details that are also part of the same 'Frame Generator' assembly, so globally changing the view settings using Scott's method also hides the parts you are trying to reveal. In this instance, you have to find the offending parts in the browser and select them for 'Section Participation' individually. Takes longer than Scott's method but is the only way in this scenario.
Message 7 of 9
Cadmanto

Thanks for the explanation.  Like the old saying goes, there is more then one way to skin a cat!!!  Smiley Very Happy

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 8 of 9
steve.west

To true. I think if everyone gets involved in posting their experiences, it helps everyone who encounters the same problem.

[cid:image002.jpg@01CF227A.59B655F0] Best Regards
Steve West
Design Engineer

Tel: +44 (0)1384 453966
Email: steve.west@alltherm.co.uk

designers & manufacturers of thermal processing equipment
Message 9 of 9
dan_inv09

Application Options saves you from having to change it for every base view.

(I thought maybe you could make a drawing template that would override it but it looks like Application Options trumps settings you may have made for that before saving as template.)

I prefer "Obey Browser Settings". The only problem is that it does not automatically section the "standard" parts (you can change it at the top level of the assembly though).

I wish there was a way to tell it that you would like to be able to control it in the browser but it should not default to not sectioned.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report