Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Break out ipart catalog members into individual parts?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tmoney2007
661 Views, 2 Replies

Break out ipart catalog members into individual parts?

We are using inventor 11 at my company and are looking to streamline some processes.  In short, I am needing to create about 65 different sheet metal parts that only differ in hole pattern.  I would like to create an ipart so that I can create all of the different configurations quickly and easily.

The hitch is that we have some in-house developed software that does drawing validation and inserts the part into our oracle database.  Because of this, after creating the ipart configurations, we would need to break it out into individual files so that we can have drawings for each configuration and run them through our software separately.

Is it possible?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cwhetten
in reply to: tmoney2007

If you need the parts to be completely independent from the iPart factory, you have two options.

The first option is to generate all of your iPart instances, then individually open each instance and break the link from the derived iPart factory.  This option is quick and dirty, but you end up with files that are just dumb solids with no features in the browser.  If you ever need to modify a file in the future, you will have a hard time about it.

The second option is to open your iPart factory, set it to one instance, Save As to a new file, then delete the iPart table from that new file.  Then repeat for each instance.  It will take a while if you have a lot of iPart instances, but you will get a fully functional, independent part for each instance.

-cwhetten

Message 3 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: cwhetten

You can do single drawings for each member now.. No need to break them out.

Start your drawing and just select one member and do a drawing, save and repeat.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report