Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Break-out function in 3D environments (Assembly/Presentation)?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Freddy_L
600 Views, 1 Reply

Break-out function in 3D environments (Assembly/Presentation)?

I'd like to be able to create break-out views, somewhat like in the picture below.

Is this possible directly in Inventor? That is, without having to carve out elaborate geometry in the parts and assign red color to the jagged edges. 

I can achieve some of what I want in a drawing (Break-out in a view, then making an isometric projected view from that first view with the break-out), but it's still not exactly what I want.

I've been searching this forum for answers, but it seems that they're all related to creating break-out's in drawings. Maybe my English is just too inadequate, and thus my search terms too limited. So I hope some of you are able to help. Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
BLHDrafting
in reply to: Freddy_L

Break-outs in drawings only.

In the assembly you can use LOD views, but it won't look like the breakout. Not sure about Presentations. Don't use them.

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report