Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Break drawing geometry lines behind text (notes, dimensions)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
stancernak
1172 Views, 5 Replies

Break drawing geometry lines behind text (notes, dimensions)

Hi everybody,

does anyone know if Inventor offers any option to break geometry lines in drawing behind the text (e.g. notes and dimensions)? For better clarity of what I am trying to achieve see pictures below. I tried this in IV 2009 as well as in IV 2011, but the result is the same in both version, shown on first image. The text is sometimes difficult to read when it is crossed with geometry lines.

Pic01.png

Pic02.png

Thank you for any respond.

Regards

----------------------
Stan Cernak
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cmellison
in reply to: stancernak

Looking for the answer myself. It used to be a standard AutoCAD command now I can't find it.

Message 3 of 6
SBix26
in reply to: cmellison

@cmellison wrote:

Looking for the answer myself. It used to be a standard AutoCAD command now I can't find it.

Perhaps you should look in AutoCAD, or the AutoCAD forum.  This is the Inventor forum.

Message 4 of 6
harco

Try breakout view through all parts.

BREAKOUT.png

Message 5 of 6

Hi stancernak,

In addition to the other suggestions, here is another approach:

• Select the drawing view you're working with
  • Then create a new sketch (recall that selecting a view associates the sketch to that view, so that the sketch will move when the view moves, etc.)
  • Sketch a rectangle over the text to use as a "wipeout" block.
  • Use the Sketch Only tool to ensure the rectangle lines will not show on your drawing:

Autodesk Inventor Sketch Only.png

• Use the Fill/Hatch tool to shade the rectangle and use white for the color.

Autodesk Inventor Hatch.png

• Finish the sketch and you will see this:

Autodesk Inventor Wipeout.png

• When you print it will look like this:

Autodesk Inventor Wipeout Print Preview.png

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 6 of 6
stancernak

Hi Curtis,

you just described procedure how I created the snapshots above 🙂 I just used instead of white, the colour of paper in Inventor drawing to demonstrate what I want to achieve. I was looking after some simpler way to do this or at least whether Inventor developers can't create some tool for feature Inventor releases which can easily do this. Other thing is that the way you propose is OK if you want to print the drawings, but if you publish them as DWFs, the paper colour in DWF is the same as in Inventor drawing and the white background of the text looks odd. I like more the idea proposed by Harco, but still, it will be better if that procedure can be somehow automated. Not sure whether the VBA in Inventor can do these things. If anyone could help, it will be very helpful. 

Anyway thanks for your respond.

----------------------
Stan Cernak

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report