Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolted connection update

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
wseaston
2605 Views, 5 Replies

Bolted connection update

I haven't used bolted connections much but have started giving them a try. I have found, however, that if I make any changes to the parts the bolted connections show up with the lightning bolt symbol (marked for update). I would expect the hole positions to automatically update once the changes to the parts have been made. I tried a rebuild all - Didn't get rid of update symbol. The only way I have been able to "update" the connection is to "edit using design accelerator" and simply select ok. Changes are then applied and the symbol disappears.

This can be "dangerous" for less experienced users who come to modify and existing design, they may change a driving sketch which determines hole position, save the sketch and not realize that the actual hole positions haven't changed.

Safest method would be an automatic update...

Anyway to do this?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mflayler2
in reply to: wseaston

If you right click on the Bolted Connection there is an option in one of the flyouts in that menu I beleive under Component>Automatic Solve

This is turned off by default and has to be manually turned on for any DA components and is mostly a memory saving issue.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 3 of 6
jdavis417
in reply to: mflayler2

Mark,

I've opened a ticket for an explaination of all the right-click, Component options related to BC's.  Why do the symbols change?  What EXACTLY does each option do?

Message 4 of 6
aurel_e
in reply to: mflayler2

Is there any way to set the "Automatic solve" by default?

Message 5 of 6
johnsonshiue
in reply to: aurel_e

Hi! I don't believe so unfortunately. I I will work with the project team and see if it can be done.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 6
jan_priban1
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hello Aurel, others

thank you for this tip.

Regards

Jan Priban

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report