Inventor General

*Expert Elite*
PaulMunford
Message 1 of 6 (350 Views)

Bolted connection generator - no holes? (holes red)

350 Views, 5 Replies
09-19-2013 06:25 AM

Can anyone tell me where my holes have gone?!

Bolted connection generator.jpg

The CAD Setter Out Blog @CadSetterOut

Inventor Surfacing | AutoCAD | CAD Standards

Please use the Mark Solutions! Accept as Solution or Give Kudos! Kudos functions - Thank you!
*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 2 of 6 (311 Views)

Re: Bolted connection generator - no holes? (holes red)

09-19-2013 07:19 AM in reply to: PaulMunford

I can't duplicate this... is it on all files, or just one in particular?

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

Distinguished Mentor
pcrawley
Message 3 of 6 (278 Views)

09-19-2013 04:16 PM in reply to: PaulMunford

Can you provide a slightly larger screenshot showing the thread & diameter options you've got selected?

Depending on your selection, the Hole selector will go red because a hole-type for your requirements does not exist.  An example would be Thread = ISO Metric, diameter 7mm : The hole selection goes red (ISO Drilled type) because there are no diameters in the clearance spreadsheet for a 7mm bolt.  (Not even sure there's a 7mm bolt!)

You could just change the hole to a "custom" diameter and enter a value:

20-09-2013 11-14-50 a-m-.jpg

Peter
*Expert Elite*
PaulMunford
Message 4 of 6 (252 Views)

09-23-2013 12:51 AM in reply to: pcrawley

Thanks for the help Gentlemen.

The problem appears to be that there are no holes being fed from the content centre.

I've checked the install paths and everything looks good... Maybe I have some corruption and I need to try re-installing content centre :{

Bolted connection generator 01.jpg

Bolted connection generator 02.jpg

The CAD Setter Out Blog @CadSetterOut

Inventor Surfacing | AutoCAD | CAD Standards

Please use the Mark Solutions! Accept as Solution or Give Kudos! Kudos functions - Thank you!
*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 5 of 6 (237 Views)

09-23-2013 07:43 AM in reply to: PaulMunford

I have run across this with other fasteners in BC.  It seems random, and I use it so infrequently that I just haven't taken the time to debug it.  I copied most of my fastener libraries from standard CC libraries, so I could add my own part nunbers and such.  Occasionally I will simply NOT be able to see one of them when using BC, even though I can manually place it from the CC.  For example, adding bolts, nuts and washers to a pipe flange using "Concentric" and follow pattern.  (this only happens some of the time... weird) Sometimes I can set the size, choose a bolt and washer and NOT be able to select the nut that goes with it.  Then other times I can edit the BC and add the nut later.

I guess I'd need to play with BC more to see if there was a pattern, I'm sure it must be something in the CC family tabel that is not set right... but what?  It may be the same for you Paul, with your hole libraries.  But again,... what?

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

Distinguished Mentor
pcrawley
Message 6 of 6 (221 Views)

09-23-2013 02:46 PM in reply to: PaulMunford

Content Center isn't the right place to be looking.  There's probably nothing wrong there, and a reinstall won't make any difference.

Holes for BC are created by data stored in XML files located in the Design Data directory structure.  If you want to reinstall something, unpack the contents of the attached file into this folder: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Design Data\Design Accelerator\Tables\Holes (or wherever your project specifies as the location for your Design Data).

One day, all this data might be rolled into the Threads and Clearances Excel spreadsheets.  Another one for the Idea Station?

Haven't had time to look at the specifics of your issue - might get time later today.

Peter

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube