Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolted Connections

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
KeithHoward6391
159 Views, 1 Reply

Bolted Connections

Ok gang first pardon a newbie question. I am new to inventor I have experience with Solidworks and Pro E. I am working on an assembly that has a lot of structural shapes with pre-drilled holes. I am connecting these with a bolt, nut, 2 plain washers and a lock washer. So far I have been using the bolted connection and adding the fasteners. I literally have hundreds of connections to make and was hoping there is some way to automate the process. The one challenge is that not all the connections will require the same length of bolt. There will be probably three or four variations.

Is it possible to create the bolted assembly and place it at different locations?

Keith

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

we made bolted connection assemblies with a spreadsheet bolt ..spreadsheet washers etc ...

I've attach a zip of what we do

you can change component any of the items ... then we have a phantom assembly of the nut and washer ...

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report