Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolted Connections Sideways??

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mtilley3
284 Views, 2 Replies

Bolted Connections Sideways??

I recently upgraded to Inventor 2015 and everything was working fine, up until now. I am trying to insert bolted connections using the concentric tool and every time I do it, the preview looks fine. They are all in the correct holes and at the correct orientation. However, as soon as I click ok, the bolts flip to 90 degrees and move so they are no longer even near the holes. I tried to do bolted connections by holes as well, and for whatever reason it wouldn't recognize any of my holes. I did it in a smaller assembly with just one part to test it, and the bolted connections worked fine.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: mtilley3

Hi,

Post a screen shot of what you are seeing.  What are you connecting with BC?  Are the holes already in the parts, and how were they modeled?  As holes, or as extrusions?  

Message 3 of 3
mtilley3
in reply to: cbenner

I originally had them as extrusions that were already in the parts and had this problem. I changed them to holes to see if that would help and it did not have any effect. As I stated previously, it wouldn't recognize them as holes either when I tried doing bolted connections by hole.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report