Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolted Connection Component Generator Problems

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
nickhowe
741 Views, 5 Replies

Bolted Connection Component Generator Problems

Hi

I have been using the bolted Connection utility and have found that it takes a long time accessing the content centre (up to a minute) for the fasteners. Sometimes it flashes the fasteners window up for as millisecond and then cancells it. Is this a bug?

Cheers

Nick

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
nickhowe
in reply to: nickhowe

....also I'm having trouble seeing all of the folders through the generator even though I can see them all when i place from the Content Center.

For example I have three folders of types of washers, the Component Generator only offers me one type from one folder.

It's driving me insane!

Message 3 of 6
cbenner

What version of Inventor?  Is your Content Center Vault or Desktop?  Can you attach a screen shot of what you are seeing in the BC Generator that doesn't look right?

Message 4 of 6
nickhowe
in reply to: cbenner

Hi Chris

Attached a couple of picxs showing the problem. The Content Center is a modified desktop center (soon to Vault) for our use with alternative fixing descriptions that required us to "turn off" the other standards. We just arent seeing the whole of the library left over when using the "bolted connection" tool.

Cheers

Nick

Message 5 of 6
nickhowe

Sorry, also to mention. The speed issue cleared up with the deleting of most of the standards. I expect it was trying to form a Vault link or something.

Regards

Nick

Message 6 of 6
alh-telesis

I'm seeing the slow down as well on all of our workstations.

And the one workstation that connects from farther away is having the the same empty or missing standards issue.

We use Vault as the Content Center. 

Any news yet?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report