Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Of Material

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
JoelMckone
315 Views, 3 Replies

Bill Of Material

Is there any way to create a seperate BOM for different views?  I can create a BOM for each but changes in 1 are duplicated in the second.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: JoelMckone

It comes down to exactly what you are trying to do.

Please remember that a BOM is used in the assembly but a parts list is used on a drawing.. The are similar but there are differences.

For example you can use design view reps and then filter the parts list to only show the parts in that design view rep (but the bom has everything)

Or you can create iassemblies where your BOM (and parts list) would be different based on different configurations.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 4
JoelMckone
in reply to: mcgyvr

Creating BOM using views doen't help as whle the parts on the same, cut lengths vary.  The easiest solution was to do a 'save as' and create unique assemblies for each option.

Message 4 of 4
msklein
in reply to: JoelMckone

HOW about filtering by ballooning. Show only parts ballooned. should do what you want. makes no sence to me, but gets you what you want.

MSK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report