Inventor General

rhadley375
Message 1 of 2 (71 Views)

Best Way to Pick Features (centers,midpoints, ends, etc) Inside Parts/Assys

71 Views, 1 Replies
08-17-2009 09:21 AM
As a user coming from MDT, I find it very cumbersome to pick buried features when doing a "measure distance" command, which I use all the time. MDT would snap to centers, midpoints, etc. no matter where they were inside the partsassys, but IV2007 seems to not see them easily. I know about the right click "select other", but that is slow and often still does not snap to what I want. Any suggestions on how to snap to features for measuring?
Thanks.
Active Contributor
stephenrott
Message 2 of 2 (71 Views)

Re: Best Way to Pick Features (centers,midpoints, ends, etc) Inside Parts/Assys

08-17-2009 11:42 AM in reply to: rhadley375
From the v2009 help file :When selecting geometry, use the Select tool to cycle through available selections before making a selection.

In other words: If you want to snap to a center point of a round face, hover your cursor over the perimeter and hold. The alternate selection icon should appear allowing you to cycle through all options, one of which should be the center point.

Stephen R.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube