Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bend

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
BeKirra
610 Views, 11 Replies

Bend

I Bend a 100x100 square plate by using "emboos" command.

I am wondering that if this can be done by using "bend" or other command in sheet metal mode.

I have tried without success.

The bend radius = 500mm

The plate should be bent symmetrically along the center line.

Please see the attachment.

Your helps are much appreciated.

I use inventor 2014.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
CCarreiras
in reply to: BeKirra

Hi!

The plate has 100x100 when is folded, or in flat pattern?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
CCarreiras

Hi!

Yes, it's possible and it's simple. Check it, file in attach.

Questions:

Thickness?

Round radius?

100x100 flaten or folded?

inside or outside the 500 radius?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 4 of 12
BeKirra
in reply to: CCarreiras

The plate is flat and I want to bend or "fold" it.

The one shown in the screenshot was created by using "emboss" command.

How to create the bend in sheet metal? Thanks.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
Message 5 of 12
BeKirra

Thanks for your help.

You're right. I need to give more info:

Plate size: 100x100mm (flat)

Plate thickness: 2mm

Inside fold radius: 500mm

The round corner details can be ignored.

The width of your model is 101.76mm when it is flattened.

How to create the model based on a 100x100 flat plate?

X² + Y² = C²
Message 6 of 12
CCarreiras

Hi!

We can achieve that with a little of "inverse engenearing" Smiley Happy

Check it.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 7 of 12
BeKirra

Thanks again.

The flat pattern looks good.

But the folded model is not folded in the center line (symmetrical line).

I tried to fix the "cut" in your model but it caused the feature "Refold1" failed.

X² + Y² = C²
Message 8 of 12
CCarreiras

Hi!

Post the file you edit and will see it.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 9 of 12
BeKirra

Thanks for your time.

I turn on the center line so you know what I mean.

Please see the attachment.

X² + Y² = C²
Message 10 of 12
CCarreiras

Hi!

Ok, i understand why it give a error when you try to refolding, that's because you delete unfolding reference plane (the one you chose to unfold).

I don't get why you need to have the part centered, but ok, no problem. I solve this also with a slightly new approach.

Check it!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 11 of 12
BeKirra

Thanks again.

I now see your idea. I appreciate what you've done.

It is weird when Inventor doesn't provide a simple function that allows the fold to be centered.

X² + Y² = C²
Message 12 of 12
CCarreiras

Hi!

I supose this part is a cover to a big cylinder, rigth?

If you have the cilinder first, you can always import the faces of the cilinder (derive),

or

design this plate in the assembly enviroment.... and you will have a "easy" way to have your part centered.

But i can agree that is a little advance methods and a little out of the "traditional" modeling, but its possible to do it... after all, we do it!! Smiley Happy

Glad to help you, Cheers.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report