Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bend Deduction Headache with Sheet Metal

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
sltyler
2288 Views, 3 Replies

Bend Deduction Headache with Sheet Metal

Hello, I'm trying to customize Inventor to create flat panel projections that are accurate to the press brake in my shop. However, I seem to be missing some piece of the puzzle when trying to figure out Inventor's bend deduction formula.

We bent in half an 11gauge 6" piece of 6061 aluminum at 90 degrees. The die creates an inner radius of 0.16". The resulting legs were 3 3/32" and 3 3/32". The bend deduction would be 3/16". To confirm, we took another piece at 5 3/16" and bent it up 90. The resulting legs were 3" each.

However, Inventor, using the default bend deduction formula, flat panels a model of this piece with a total length of 5.962". The 0.1492" difference really adds up after a few bends!

So, how can I modify Inventor for this need? Sorry if this seems like a condeluded question for a (possibly) simple solution or if this has been posed before (I couldn't find the solution). Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rdyson
in reply to: sltyler

First I assume a typo, the flat should say 5 13/16 not 5 3/16

I just created a sample (see attached) of 11 ga Alum with 3 in legs and .16 bend radius

It's flat length is 5.813 using standard K-Factor of .44

PDSU 2016
Message 3 of 4
blair
in reply to: rdyson

this might help.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 4
sltyler
in reply to: rdyson

Thanks for the quick response. Works like a charm!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report