Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bearing drawings with unsectioned rolling elements

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
marvinm
612 Views, 3 Replies

Bearing drawings with unsectioned rolling elements

Hello,

I am trying to make a standard sectioned drawing of a shaft with bearings. I understand the rolling elements of the bearings are not to be sectioned. The rest of the bearing, however, must be sectioned. I cannot find a way to make that happen. Does anyone know?

The bearing I'm using is from the content center. I can only choose between sectioning the bearing or not section it, I don't have that option anymore when it comes to individuals parts of the bearing.

Thanks.

Marvin

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jonathanruffray
in reply to: marvinm

Hello,

In your drawing, select the hatches of the ball and then right click => mask.

Regards,

John.

--------------------------------
Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate 2013
Win 7 Pro 64 bits SP1
Bi-Xeon E5520 (2x Quad-core @2.27GHz)
Quadro Fx 1800 768Mo GDDR3
6Go Ram DDR3 667MHz ECC
Message 3 of 4
karthur1

In the idw, right click on the view >find in browser.  Now over in the browser, find the element that you dont want included in the section. Right Click on it Section Participation>None.

Message 4 of 4
skpbearingslinks

An interesting issue for all you builder users. I have a design where a pipe needs a array of holes at a individual dia and triangular point is required to be modeled.

Refer to the given information. I'd like to be ready to inhibit the tapered faces of the roller to the cylindrical exterior of the block.

The way of the rolling is an hellix, rolling around a 70 mm octogonal reel then continue downward in a downward movement.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report