Inventor General

Message 1 of 3 (219 Views)

Bearing drawings with unsectioned rolling elements

219 Views, 2 Replies
11-28-2012 08:24 PM

Hello,

I am trying to make a standard sectioned drawing of a shaft with bearings. I understand the rolling elements of the bearings are not to be sectioned. The rest of the bearing, however, must be sectioned. I cannot find a way to make that happen. Does anyone know?

The bearing I'm using is from the content center. I can only choose between sectioning the bearing or not section it, I don't have that option anymore when it comes to individuals parts of the bearing.

Thanks.

Marvin

Active Contributor
jonathanruffray
Message 2 of 3 (176 Views)

Re : Bearing drawings with unsectioned rolling elements

12-03-2012 04:49 AM in reply to: marvinm

Hello,

In your drawing, select the hatches of the ball and then right click => mask.

Regards,

John.

--------------------------------
Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate 2013
Win 7 Pro 64 bits SP1
Bi-Xeon E5520 (2x Quad-core @2.27GHz)
Quadro Fx 1800 768Mo GDDR3
6Go Ram DDR3 667MHz ECC
*Expert Elite*
karthur1
Message 3 of 3 (168 Views)

Re: Bearing drawings with unsectioned rolling elements

12-03-2012 05:27 AM in reply to: marvinm

In the idw, right click on the view >find in browser.  Now over in the browser, find the element that you dont want included in the section. Right Click on it Section Participation>None.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube