Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bar Channels in Content Center

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
j_berry
792 Views, 6 Replies

Bar Channels in Content Center

I'm looking for a 2" x 1" x 3/16" bar channel in the Content Center but I cannot find anything smaller than 3" x 1.41" x 0.17". I've been looking under Structural Shapes > Channels. Am I looking in the wrong spot? Am I missing content from the Content Center? Or does this just not exist in the Content Center?

AutoCAD Electrical 2013 SP2
Windows 7 Pro SP1
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Cadmanto
in reply to: j_berry

Check in here.

BARS.PNG

I think you will find what you are looking for.  If you do need a custom size that you use all the time and need, you can create one and publish it to the CC.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 7
jyager
in reply to: Cadmanto

Might be missing something in my content center...but looking where the solution post points only leads me to flat bar...there's no "bar size" channel (smaller channels w/ 2 1/2" web or smaller).

Jason Yager
Inventor Professional 2023.2
Windows 10 Pro 21H2
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900X CPU @ 3.70GHz
32GB RAM
AMD Radeon Pro WX 3200 Series
3D Connexion SpaceMouse Pro
Message 4 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: jyager

2 1/2" channel is not available... but if you copy the library to a "read/write" or custom library you can add as many sizes as you want.  you can even make some up... but I wouldn't recommend that.  😄

Message 5 of 7
jyager
in reply to: j_berry

And I wouldn't want to...these are just common stock sizes from any steel supply. It's not like it's a custom part. It should be in the package.

I'm more curious how this issue was "solved" if the part isn't actually there.

Jason Yager
Inventor Professional 2023.2
Windows 10 Pro 21H2
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900X CPU @ 3.70GHz
32GB RAM
AMD Radeon Pro WX 3200 Series
3D Connexion SpaceMouse Pro
Message 6 of 7
cbenner
Message 7 of 7
kstate92

Last I looked, I could never find a standard for 'bar-sized' channels, let alone actual published dimensions.  This maybe the main reason it is not in the CC: no tabulated data to give to the summer interns used to construct such minutiae not really of interest to the main programmers, let alone the sales team. I may be utterly wrong, but seems to me this 'mercantile' class of channel isn't really controlled and appears to be at the mercy of the various mills' whims.

KState92
Inventor Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2022.0.1
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - 1903
Core i7-8700 32 GB Ram
Quadro P2000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report