Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balloons in detail drawings

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Roger_Block
486 Views, 8 Replies

Balloons in detail drawings

I have a 4 sheet detail drawing of a weldment which consists of the first 3 sheets having all the section views. The fourth sheet has all the indiviual parts detailed. I wanted to balloon each piece instead of putting a header type identification below then such as "Detail Item #1". My problem is that all the balloons come in as item 1. Is there a way to have them balloon as the actual item number that they are? I have had a little experence with Solid Works and there was a way to do it.

Can anyone provide a solution?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
swhite
in reply to: Roger_Block

When you select your balloon, on the right tab there are two selection boxes, try changing the bottom selection to part or piece mark, not balloon. If you are pointing to the parts in a multi assembly file you will need to change the assembly in the BOM to Phantom. You can also go into the manage tab, styles editor, your dimension style, object defaults, click the pencil, then balloon, and change it to the field where your part name is.

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 3 of 9
Roger_Block

Swhite, I am very new at Inventor and am using version 13. I tried to follow what you sent but with no luck. Could you send screen shots? Baga7362 Roger Block Mechanical Designer Facilities Engineering ATI Ladish 5481 South Packard Avenue Cudahy, WI 53110-8902 P: 414-747-2988 F: 414-747-3308 W: www.ATImetals.com Roger.Block@ATImetals.com
Message 4 of 9
Cadmanto

What it sounds like you need to do is create detail or section views (which ever views show your parts)

and then turn off the visibility of the parts you don't want shown.  Then your balloons should represent the correct parametric item number.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 9
swhite

If this allows you to fix the problem I'll show you how to make it a default selection. Try changing the type and let me know if its what you want. Select the baloon option first, then choose the style from the drop-down box to the right as shown

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 6 of 9
Roger_Block

Swhite, Are there supposed to be some screen shots included? Baga7362 Roger Block Mechanical Designer Facilities Engineering ATI Ladish 5481 South Packard Avenue Cudahy, WI 53110-8902 P: 414-747-2988 F: 414-747-3308 W: www.ATImetals.com Roger.Block@ATImetals.com
Message 7 of 9
Roger_Block

Cadmanto, I have about 20+ details on one sheet, not detail views. It would take too long to go through your process. Any other ideas? Baga7362 Roger Block Mechanical Designer Facilities Engineering ATI Ladish 5481 South Packard Avenue Cudahy, WI 53110-8902 P: 414-747-2988 F: 414-747-3308 W: www.ATImetals.com Roger.Block@ATImetals.com
Message 8 of 9
swhite

Capture1.PNG

try the different selections.

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 9 of 9
Cadmanto

The only other suggestions I can think to offer would be to create some LOD's or possible making a factory out of your assembly and turning off the select components you don't need in these views.  Either way there is no clean direct way

I can think of to do this.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report