Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup folder for templates etc.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
MikeDiyer
440 Views, 3 Replies

Backup folder for templates etc.

I have created design templates, styles, etc. and want to add them to our server and re-direct all users to these locations. However, what happens if the server is unavailable? ex: took workstation home

I understand that the folders won't be accessible, but I think Inventor should re-direct to the default folder, instead it just gives an error. Would the user have to go into application options and change all the file locations??

Thanks, Mike

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: MikeDiyer

You could simply setup an "At Home" project that points to the proper locations..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 4
aparrow

How I've set up to work at office and home, I have 2 appilcation option XML's for home and office for quick switching. Then a local project and all my templates, design  data, and stuff copied to a second SSD drive in my laptop. Content center items are a little tricky and can be a pain in the rear. 

When I go home, import Home.xml application options and switch to local project and I'm good to go.

--
Inventor 2012/2014 Certified Professional
Product/Factory Design Suite 2018
Vault Workgroup & Pro 2018
Dell T7610 - Dual Xeon @ 2.5GHz / 64GB Ram / ATI FirePro W7000 / 512GB SSD & Dual 1TB 10k RPM
Dell M7710 - Core i7 2.7GHz / 64GB Ram / AMD FirePro W5170M / Dual 512GB SSDs
Windows 10 64-bit
Message 4 of 4
blair

I use a program called ViceVersa Pro to sync my work and home offices and use a USB drive to hold the files.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report