Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM will no update after iproperty edit

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Infoseeker
464 Views, 3 Replies

BOM will no update after iproperty edit

For some reason I get the prompt update thunder aside of my parts list in .idw tree that wont go away...

I edited one of the parts, updating its iproperties and since that it wont go away.

I tried opening each part, assembly and updating, saving it but it wont help...

Any ideas how to force update?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jtylerbc
in reply to: Infoseeker

Edit your Parts List, check to see if your Item Numbers in the Parts List match the Item Numbers in the assembly's BOM.  If they don't, you will get the "lightning bolt" icon and it won't go away until the situation is resolved.

If this is the problem, you'll either have to resolve it or ignore the icon.  To resolve it, in the Edit Parts List dialog box, use "Save Item Overrides to BOM."

Message 3 of 4
Infoseeker
in reply to: jtylerbc

Thanks, will try it tommorow.

So when it happens, does BOM updates for other parts or freezes in general?

Message 4 of 4
jtylerbc
in reply to: Infoseeker

If I'm right about what the issue is, it's not frozen at all.  It's more of a false warning - everything is updating, but since the Item Number column doesn't match the BOM Inventor thinks the list needs an update.

If you've noticed other fields (quantities, descriptions, part numbers, etc) not updating to your changes, then my guess is probably not your issue, and you have something else wrong.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report