Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM normal and purchased parts question

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Orest_iy
515 Views, 2 Replies

BOM normal and purchased parts question

Hello

I have manufactured and purchased parts in my project.

By selecting Normal or Purchase at assembly BOM I can group two lists what must go to manufacturing and what must be purchased.

Some manufactured parts requires the purchase of some special materials not available at manufacturing. For example I will use a piece of standard chanel to make a part. I have assigned the own part number to this altered chanel since it becomes a part and not a piece of chanel anymore. I set this part as normal since I wish I will not miss it in BOM as manufactured parts. The same time I could miss this chanel material from purchase list.

If I will write some Coments or some properties it does not help much since I could add some coments only to Normal parts but not for ContentCenter parts and therefore cannot group all purchased item by this characteristic.

Could you please share your way to manage this problem?

Best regards,

Orest Yavtushenko

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
SBix26
in reply to: Orest_iy

We use the Vendor and Stock Number iProperties to store the Vendor and Vendor Part #.  For normal manufactured parts, these are empty, but for purchased parts and altered purchased parts, these fields are occupied.  So we can export the BOM to Excel, sort by Stock Number and provide purchasing with a list of stuff to buy.

In addition, drawings of altered purchased parts also have a Sketch Symbol that displays those two iProperties from the model.

Message 3 of 3
Orest_iy
in reply to: SBix26

Sam

Thank you for good advice. But I mean Excel advice. Just found Excel can sort items too...

never use it before for years working with Excel..

Regards,

Orest

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report