Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM cant recognize different member with different sizes

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
hoangtungxd8
571 Views, 6 Replies

BOM cant recognize different member with different sizes

Hi everyone,

I created an iPart - acustom Purlin Profile, and used frame generator to create a base frame 10m x 3m with 600mm Joists. Everything went well untill I tried to make a part list and Inventor considers the Joists and the Bearers as one member although they have different length.

Could someone please help me with that, images as attached to descripe the problem. We're steel structure company and we make hundreds of these base frame everyweek so it is very important that I can have this BOM issue sorted,

Cheers,

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
-niels-
in reply to: hoangtungxd8

Welcome to the Forum!

Can you check the following setting in the Bill of Materials (BOM)?

Partnumber_merge.png

Is that checkbox checked?

Does unchecking it resolve your problem?

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 3 of 7
ped20

Please find attached image , Try with shown options.

-

Kiran

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the Mark Solutions! Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!
Message 4 of 7
hoangtungxd8
in reply to: ped20

thanks Niels and Kiran for your helps, it does list down all single members but it doesnt group them as members length,

for example: I want all members which has 3m long marked as Item 3, 10m members marked as 2, etc.

I think it must be something to do when created the profile in create ipart because when I modeled another frame using Inventor's standard conten center it works really well. (find attached image)

Message 5 of 7
dlmsdm1

Your part number is the same regardless of length. When you took merge off, it list each part regardless of part number. Your last example had the length in the part number, therefore you could leave merge on, and it would list each part according to length (part + length).

Message 6 of 7
hoangtungxd8
in reply to: dlmsdm1

I think you're absolutely right, then how can I put length into the part number together?

Message 7 of 7
-niels-

In the part list on the drawing you should be able to use "group settings" to group together members with the same length and partnumber.

Group_settings.png

Just play around with the options a bit until you get it the way you want.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report