Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Unit Qty and Assys Needed and Extended Qty

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
art_turner
1370 Views, 4 Replies

BOM Unit Qty and Assys Needed and Extended Qty

I do a lot of boms in excel for autocad where i have a unit qty column and an extended qty column. at the top of the excel sheet i have a cell for assemblies needed. i change the number of assemblies i want the shop to build for this particular order, and the unit qty stays the same but the extended qty changes.

I have the QTY column in the Inventor Bom, i have the assemblies needed number as a custom Iproperty, i just need a column in the Bom to show EXT QTY = QTY * ASSY_QTY

i am too much of a beginner to figure out how to do this.

I am using a lot of Ilogic, so i can do that if the solution is there.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rhasell
in reply to: art_turner

Hi

Have a look at what I am doing with this issue.

Hopefully it will work for you.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Part-Assembly-Quantities/m-p/4343717/highlight/true#...

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 3 of 5
art_turner

you have made a manual entry QTY column?

i actually have the assembly quantity imported from excel with Ilogic to a custom Iproperty showing in the Title Block. i was hoping to add a column in the BOM with a calculated field, QTY * MY_VAR_FROM_EXCEL.

Message 4 of 5
rhasell

Hi

I have played around a bit, but am unable to bring an Assembly QTY value from any other source besides the Assembly/Parts. That's why I do it manually, I also need some manual control for error checking.

I run some iLogic code which calculates the Item Qty's and SubAssembly Qty's. This field is available for use as a multiplier, but I don't think this is what you want.

By the looks of it, the Multiplier has to come from the Assembly, and not the drawing in order for the Parts list to calculate the QTY correctly.  If you can get that right, the rest is easy. (Eg: get the Excel value to flow through to all parts and assemblies?)

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 5 of 5
art_turner
in reply to: rhasell

Here is how you do it.

quantity = ThisBom.CalculateQuantity("Model Data", "partnumber")

this is available in the snippets column

i leave the rest as an exercise for the class.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report