Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Settings for Drawings

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
BDUB2012
263 Views, 1 Reply

BOM Settings for Drawings

The solutions that I have found to get an assembly bom on an assembly drawing are:

1. insert an assembly into an assembly.

2. make a virtual part or derived part.

3. make extra fields in the part and have the BOM column look at alternative iproperty fields.

In a part file that has a family table I want the configurations of some casted parts and some machined parts. the casted parts will have a drawing but no BOM, the machined parts will have a drawing and a BOM.

Then in an assembly file that has a family table I want configurations that use the configurations of the part file. Each of these assemblies will have a drawing that has a BOM that will call out the part that is is made from.

i aplogize, 2012.

In other words I will have a casting that will be machined so I will need a casting drawing and a machine drawing that has a BOM telling what casting to use.

Is there any easy way to do this.

On top of that when I try to make a family table in an assembly I get a message "THE BILL OF MATERIALS CONTAINS VIEWS OR PROPERTIES NOT SUPPORTED BE CONFIGURATIONS. OONLY STRUCTURED FIRST LEVEL BOM VIEWS ARE SUPPORTED. THE BOM WILL BE CHANGED DURING CONVERSION".

I do not know what i changed so I do not know how to correct it.

Please help with any solutions.

THANKS!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
blair
in reply to: BDUB2012

If you can get away with assembly features for your machining

Create your casting IPT

Place it into a IAM and use Assembly features for your machining to get your finished part.

You BOM will show the casting blank.

This is nice if you have a couple of different finished machined parts from the same casting, as all the assembly features stay within the IAM and don't propagate back to the IPT casting.

If you change the properties of each feature, you can make the appearance look machined were you have made the material feature cuts.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report