Inventor General

Mentor
tuliobarata
Message 1 of 1 (103 Views)

BOM+LOD - It loads the master assembly

103 Views, 0 Replies
03-01-2013 09:54 AM

Hi,

Here with my projects I use the following method  to create the assemblies and then the IDW.

In the assembly i create 2 LODs with SUBISTITUTE, one with normal datails and one with almost nothing, just as a reference to others models and for a layout e.g..

In the top assemblies i user the first LOD SUB with normal details because it turns the IAM easy to work (if i use the MASTER LOD it becomes impossible to work with 100k ~ 200k parts in the IAM). So, when im working in the IAM everything is perfect, with JUST SOME parts loaded in the memory.

So when i need to go to IDW, I put the base view with my LOD SUB and i can work fine, untill I try to use baloon or even the BOM.... when I activate the BOM, ALL the assembly is loaded and then becomes impossible to work, like if in the LOD is loaded 20k parts....when I load BOM all the 200k parts are loaded, even with BOM PARTS ONLY DISABLED and with the right LOD selected  to use in the BOM.

So, is there a way to solve this ? Or isnt that a problem?

Because I think it makes no sense; If you create those Subistitutes its because you dont wanna load everything, but right in the end, everything goes to the memory.

Thanks,

Barata

IV 2013

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube