Inventor General

Valued Mentor
Message 1 of 3 (653 Views)

BOM Item Number - ILOGIC/VB.NET - Change

653 Views, 2 Replies
01-11-2012 08:09 AM

First if this topic has already been discussed I apologize for asking it again...

In our company if we put a component in 5 different assemblies, we want that component to have the same item number no matter where it is in the parts list.   In addition we group components to have a special item number...  Meaning hardware like washer, bolts, and etc. to start with 500 series number..  Piping components would be 800 series...

Is there a way to do this in ILOGIC/VB?

Distinguished Mentor
swordmaster
Message 2 of 3 (650 Views)

Re: BOM Item Number - ILOGIC/VB.NET - Change

01-11-2012 08:21 AM in reply to: Lancasterm

I have a similar requirement which i discussed with autodesk some time ago.

It is not possible to manipulate the item number object via ilogic or the API unfortunately.

Inventor 2010 Certified Professional
Valued Mentor
Message 3 of 3 (645 Views)

Re: BOM Item Number - ILOGIC/VB.NET - Change

01-11-2012 08:40 AM in reply to: swordmaster

Thanks...   I figured that was the answer because I couldn't find anything in my search for this type of code..   I kind of have a semi-automatic method where my iLogic problem does a BOM export into an excel spreadsheet, locates all duplicate parts and assigns the correct item number.   From there I paste/copy the item number cell from the spreadsheet into the BOM view/dialog box in Inventor.  Clunky but it works.. 

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube