Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Documentation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
217 Views, 1 Reply

BOM Documentation

1.) On a number of occasions I have had management or workshop staff request a BOM only. (i.e. Just an extracted list from the assembly drawing.) I know this can be done using the export BOM function. My concern with this is that one has now created a "dumb" document which will be used for functions such as production planning, order scheduling, etc. In my opinion the danger is that design changes don't feed back into that document.

Is there any way to achieve this "link" thereby removing the danger of working with "different versions"

2.) Export with tumbnails?

Is there any way to export a BOM with thumbnails of the relevent items as shown in the BOM within the assembly environment?

Have a good weekend everyone.

Cheers, Edited by: wseaston on Nov 9, 2009 7:18 AM
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pauldoubet
in reply to: Anonymous

To answer question #1 you can setup a parts list style to handle any BOM data you may need for planning purposes, i.e. Structured - All Levels, Structured - First Level, Parts Only, Material Cut List, Material Order List, Purchased Parts List, etc. All of these would update to reflect current design state.

And you can create these without any drawing views, just select the assy file from the create parts list dialog box.

Hope this helps, Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report