Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIM Exchange

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cwwalder
447 Views, 1 Reply

BIM Exchange

Hey everybody, not really sure if this is a inventor or revit question, but since everything seems to look right in inventor I figured I would ask here. 

So anyways I am using 2013 inventor and revit. I am trying to use this BIM exchange in inventor and I am try to by creating a simple part/family with a couple of different sizes in a table. Everything looks good in inventor as far as the table having different size and when I activate one it changes the part. When I export I am going to tools, BIM exchange, hitting export and away she goes. There is only one export button and everything is pretty simple to understand. So inventor as far as I know, is good.

Now when I bring it into revit as the ASDK format from export with BIM exchange as I am getting is the model with whatever view happens to be active. I am not getting the table nor the parameters I set up for manually changing the family.

I have done some research and noticed that in previous verisons you needed to export the table in inventor after that model, but I am not seeing that option anywhere. 

So my question is, am I missing something and you can no longer export parametric parts from inventor to revit, or is there another set I am missing either in the inventor setup or the import into revit? 

I want to say thanks for any and all help.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
shaoni
in reply to: cwwalder

ADSK file is a non-parametric model, so it cannot be driven through the table.

Table exporting you mentioned was a prototype we made to transfer iPart table from Inventor to Revit, you may know it from Labs. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report