Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Coincedent Constraint lost in sketch

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1689 Views, 9 Replies

Automatic Coincedent Constraint lost in sketch

When I upgraded to Inventor 2010 something got lost. I used to be able to open a new sketch, draw two lines and get the end points to automatically constrain. I could do this with construction geometry as well. Now, I have to manually constrain each line segment. Is there a switch somewhere that needs to be set?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

This link may help.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

снизойти, удостоить

It might have been quicker to help me out?

Thanks

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

снизойти, удостоить

Message 5 of 10
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

Most likely you fooled with Constraint Persistence icon without realizing it.  (looks sort of like Perpendicular sketch constraint)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

снизойти, удостоить

Нет, более быстрое если вы искали сперва.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Hi JD

The Inference and Persistance ICONS do not seem to do anything for me. I entered sketch mode, drew 2  lines, couldn't get them to attach at the ends with either combo of buttons pushed. I was reading that the  "Constraint Options dialog box" must be unchecked. Do you know where this is?

Message 9 of 10
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi JD

The Inference and Persistance ICONS do not seem to do anything for me. I entered sketch mode, drew 2  lines, couldn't get them to attach at the ends with either combo of buttons pushed. I was reading that the  "Constraint Options dialog box" must be unchecked. Do you know where this is?

Right Mouse click in graphics window while in sketch environment.  I have never ever had a need to fool with any of these things.
Seems like the only purpose is to trip up beginners.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks all. The video helped. I had to click the persistance and inference icons, then click on the "constraint Options dialog box". There it showed that none of the constraints were being used. I then had to click all. Now everything works as before. Not sure how the Constraint Options dialog box got unchecked. Its not an easy thing to do. You have to go through several steps to methodically shut everything off? All set now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report